Sunday, August 01, 2004

Family Vacations

Haven't posted anything up for a while now, but for a good reason. I've been on vacation with the family for the last 16 days and internet access was hard to come by. I was also lazy.

Family vacations are like the proverbial double-edged sword. Actually, that's a bad comparison.. they don't hurt you or anyone else. Forget that one.

Family vacations are like cotton candy. They start off sweet but after a while you get sick of them. It was nice having the family together, going out and doing family stuff.. but I am a man who values my alone-time, and the constant togetherness and close quarters contact was starting to grit on my nerves. There's almost no breathing room, and every day is governed by the will of the group and not my own selfish whims. Kind of sucks, as I am a self-professed selfish bastard.

The good thing is, after a while you start adapting to one another. My family's quite close, but going on a two week plus vacation really teaches you new things about your loved ones. It's been an educational experience overall, so I won't complain. I also bought a lot of new stuff (typical arab vacation must include X amount of shopping).

Coming back in a couple of days, can't wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home