Monday, May 16, 2005

One Year Milestone

Happy birthday dear blog. You have been a wonderful vessel for my ramblings over the past year. I thank you for your patience in containing all my thoughts and words, and I promise that you shall be lonely no more.

What am I talking about? You complain that all the other blogs are getting all the attention. You say to me, "Mo, let's do politics." and yet I say "Nay, young one.. we shall stick to our purpose." I know politics draws the interested masses in, it ignites debate through comments and makes a blog popular. But let me ask you this, dear blog.. how would you feel if you were weighed down by the grim world of politics and current events? What if your content became serious, your youthful and inane outlook on life tainted by the increasingly depressing occurences of this world? You wouldn't be the carefree, silly blog that you are now. You would lose what truely makes you unique in this electronic world of independent publishing.

And so, dear blog, I promise to be even funnier, even wittier, include more pictures and diagrams and be as random as a human being could ever be. I promise to make you the best-est non-serious blog in the whole wide world. I promise to draw in more readers, make them leave more comments to show you how special you really are. This I promise you dear blog and, so help me God, I shall not rest until you are lonely no more.

8 Comments:

At 10:01 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mo, I *love* your blog, it's the real diamond in the rough and it is a treat to read your ramblings once in a while (actually every time you have a new post, as I've got it under strict CCU monitoring!).

So congratulations on sticking it out and congratulations for your first year. Here's to a lot more.

 
At 11:39 AM , Blogger Ahmed said...

Cograts, dear!

 
At 7:27 PM , Blogger SillyBahrainiGirl said...

Congrats and keep up the good work!

 
At 11:45 PM , Blogger Mo said...

Thanks guys (and silly girl), this blog wouldn't be much without its readers. I can talk to myself all the time (and I do) but its more fun when people are listening.

Thanks for stopping by!

 
At 3:01 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

mo,
keep it coming habibi. definately read all your posts, and intend on doing so going forward.

see u soon 7aboob. till then, and always.. i remain,
roomate.

 
At 10:01 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Dunno how I found this blog, but I enjoy the way you write. Keep 'em coming

Reminder: link random blog :)

 
At 2:43 AM , Blogger Angelo Embuldeniya said...

Looks like i missed the part but anyways heres to a Happy Belated Blog B'Day! :D

 
At 3:48 PM , Blogger Lina said...

So I stumbled upon this blog one year after it came to life? ;) Very nice post Mo and great blog! Keep up the random ramblings and I will definitely keep stopping by!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home