Monday, March 07, 2005

Man on Fire

If only I got paid as much as Denzel, then I might not be complaining..
Of course, this has nothing to do with any of that, what happened last night was probably THE most randomest thing I have ever experienced.

On the way back from this club, my friends and I stopped at McDonald's for a late night snack as we normally do.. the weather was nice, kind of cold but dry and cloudless.. we stood around outside for a bit while a friend of mine finished off his cigarette.. what happened next was very strange indeed..

As I walked into the place, I stared at the menu while trying to put together my caloric bomb of a meal.. a big mac, a mcchicken sandwich, some nuggets and fries? mmm.. maybe a eurosaver double cheese with fries, a bigmac and....

"Sir, you're on fire!"..

Excuse me? I turn around to look at the security guard of asian origin only to see him rushing over and grabbing me by the arm.. I resist at first as he tries to remove me from the premises.. I look at him and go "what the fuck man?".. so he hurriedly points to the back of my leather jacket and lo and behold, I AM on fucking fire..

There was a hole the size of a baseball burning through the back of my jacket.. there was smoke everywhere, I looked like a movie stunt gone horribly awry.. I rushed to the door and took my jacket off and started stamping on it to limit the damage.. next thing I know Mr. Security Man has a huge glass of water in his hand and he's pouring it all over my jacket AFTER I had already put the fire out.. what a dickhead..

Slightly stunned I walk back into the place, get my food and proceed on the long walk back home with my comrades. Halfway there it hits me.. why the HELL was my jacket on fire? Who would do such a thing? After a labored thought process we eventually decided that a cigarette couldn't possible have set a leather jacket on fire, and that someone must have used a lighter or some matches.. BUT WHY? How would you feel if you saw someone walk into a restaurant with his clothes on fire, smoke plumes everywhere, and he was completely oblivious to the fact? I'd be quite freaked out to be honest..

Whoever did this, I'm going to find you and burn your house down you asshole.

4 Comments:

At 10:05 PM , Blogger Mo said...

mostly on weekends and whenever the place is open beyond 10pm..

alcohol is the irish national pasttime, so sometimes it can get out of control and you could hardly expect the 4 foot 5 chinese girl behind the till to take care of stuff..

Come to the think of it, I don't think there's much the asian "security guard" can do if shit hit the fan..

 
At 3:12 AM , Blogger Omar AlShehabi said...

Maybe someone gave your jacket the hot eye.

 
At 1:33 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey mo...looks like ur internal combustion should be something u should be investigating. Maybe some chilli u had for dinner created enough flammable gas that caused ur jacket to get on fire.
anyways, good to hear that ur ok after the McDonalds incident. Incidentally, I just wanted to let you know that Renault sucks.

Shere Khan

 
At 10:34 PM , Blogger Mo said...

Sure they do.. that's why Fisi won the race and Fernando fought his way up the field to third.

Remind me again, how did Schumacher do? Oh right, he never crossed the finish line. Good on you Barichello, humility can win you many friends. A lot of people must have been happy he got the runner up spot.. even if he does drive a Ferrari.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home